|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Bay leaves||2 Small|
|Streaky bacon rashers||2|
1) Preheat oven to tmperature of 375 degrees.
2) Season the pigeons and put 1/2 ounce of butter and one bay leaf inside each.
3) With the remaining butter, smear the breasts. Cover with the bacon rashers which have been trimmed and halved. Put in a baking tin or a small roasting tin.
4) Cover with buttered paper and put the tin in the center of the preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour.
5) Take off the buttered paper and remove the bacon rashers. Dredge the breasts with some flour, baste and place on the top shelf of the oven till it browns. This usually takes 10 minutes.
6) Serve hot with gravy, sauted potatoes, bread sauce and braised celery.