Almond Stuffed Cornish Hens
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisin||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cornish hens||4 Pound|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Mix butter, celery, onion and almonds together.
2) Uncover and cook the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring once.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients to this.
4) This would make stuffing for 4 Cornish hens.
5) Sprinkle salt inside cavities of hens.
6) Use metal skewers to secure openings after stuffing body and neck cavity.
7) Fasten the legs and wings to body with string.
8) Cover with small pieces of foil over ends of legs.
9) Take a 2-quart baking dish and place the saucers upside down in it.
10) Place the hens with breast side down on the saucers.
11) Use mixture of butter and paprika to brush the hens.
12) Cover with wax paper and cook for 12 minutes.
13) Toss the hens so that outside edges are in and brush with remaining butter mixture.
14) Again cover with wax paper and cook for 12 minutes.
15) Cover and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
16) Serve hot.