1. Start oven, set at 450° to 475° F., or Very Hot.
2. Singe, clean, wash and dry the fowl. Rub the inside with butter or margarine and sprinkle with salt; place the onions and the green pepper (washed, seeds and fiber removed, and quartered) in the cavity.
3. Place the hen in a baking pan, breast down; lay the strips of salt pork over it and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until browned.
4. Reduce the heat to 300° to 325° F., or Moderately Slow, turn the hen on its back, sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour, replace the salt pork strips on it and bake 30 minutes longer or until tender. Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for total roasting.
5. Remove the vegetables from the inside of the bird, place the bird on a hot platter.