|Pheasants||2 (Ready To Cook)|
|Dry marsala||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||3 Small, pared and cut in 11/2 inch chunks|
|Potatoes||3 Small, pared and quartered|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, quartered lengthwise and cut in 11/2 inch chunks|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned, cut large ones in half lengthwise|
1. Remove giblets and neck from pheasants (it's recommended that giblets be cooked conventionally). Rinse birds with water and pat dry. Remove all visible fat and discard. Secure neck openings with wooden picks.
2. Put each pheasant into a cooking bag and set in a glass baking dish. Pour half of a mixture of Marsala, onion, salt, pepper and fennel into each bag. Close openings of bags with cotton thread. Cut 6 slits in top of each bag. Cook in microwave oven 42 minutes at ROAST; rotate dish one-half turn once.
3. Insert a meat thermometer through bag into meaty portion of each pheasant; internal temperature should be 170°F. If additional cooking is needed, remove thermometer and return pheasants to oven and continue cooking several minutes. Check temperature again. Repeat if necessary.
4. Remove pheasants from bags to baking dish (reserve cooking liquid in a measuring cup), cover pheasants with aluminum foil and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes for heat to equalize; during this time internal temperature will rise.
5. Put carrots, potatoes and zucchini into a 2-quart glass baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid over vegetables. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 10 minutes at HIGH, or until vegetables are almost tender; stir once. Add mushrooms and continue cooking covered 10 minutes at HIGH, or until all vegetables are crisp-tender; stir once or twice. Allow to stand covered 5 minutes.
6. For each cup of remaining cooking liquid, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a glass bowl in microwave oven (30 to 45 seconds at HIGH). Stir in the same amount of flour as butter and cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at HIGH, or until bubbly; stir once.
7. Add remaining cooking liquid gradually to butter-flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Cook uncovered in microwave oven (4 minutes at HIGH), or until thickened; stir frequently.
8. Spoon some of the gravy over pheasants on a platter and pour the remainder into a gravy boat. Surround pheasants with some of the vegetables. Serve remaining vegetables in a bowl.