Veal Breast With Spinach Stuffing
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Spinach||1 Pound, cooked|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Boneless veal breast||3 Pound, cut with a pocket (1 Boned Veal Breast)|
|Salt pork slice||4|
|Water/Meat broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat the butter, add the onion and cook until transparent. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, about three minutes.
2. Chop the spinach and drain thoroughly.
3. Preheat the oven to moderate (350° F.).
4. Mix the vegetables with the seasonings, rice and egg. Use the mixture to fill the pocket in the veal breast and close with metal skewers.
5. Place the meat on a low rack in a roasting pan. Arrange the salt pork over the veal and add the water to the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake two hours. Uncover and bake thirty minutes longer. Thicken the broth with a little flour mixed with water