Here is a novel way to infuse the flavors of buttermilk and caraway seeds into a creamy fingerling potato. Perfect as a versatile side dish with virtually any protein.
1 Pound (Idaho® French Fingerlings)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Wash the potatoes; peel strip from top to bottom of each potato on both sides.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, place the potatoes. Season with caraway seeds, salt, pepper and cardamom.
3. Pour in the buttermilk over potatoes to completely cover. Bring to boil. Lower to simmer; cook until potatoes are firm-tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from buttermilk, removing as much milk curd clinging to potatoes as possible. Place potatoes in serving bowl.
5. Toss potatoes with melted better and parsley.
When digging for food that isn't just flavorful, but also appeasing to the eyes, Idaho fingerling potatoes definitely tops the list of favorites. In this video, the chef tells you how to make fingerlings at home and jazz it up using buttermilk and caraway seeds. A lip-smacking treat!