Buttermilk Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
|French fingerlings||1 Pound (Idaho® French Fingerlings)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||3 Ounce|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the potatoes; peel strip from top to bottom of each potato on both sides.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, place the potatoes. Season with caraway seeds, salt, pepper and cardamom.
3. Pour in the buttermilk over potatoes to completely cover. Bring to boil. Lower to simmer; cook until potatoes are firm-tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from buttermilk, removing as much milk curd clinging to potatoes as possible. Place potatoes in serving bowl.
5. Toss potatoes with melted better and parsley.
6. Serve potatoes with feta cheese salad.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.7 mg15.2%
Sodium 741.6 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet