|Yukon gold potatoes||6 (Peeled)|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Butter sticks||1 1⁄2|
1. Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
2. Wash, peel and cut your potatoes. First cut in half length-wise, then into chunks. Cutting them into chunks will help to cook the potatoes at a speedier rate. Place into the boiling water (need enough water to cover the potatoes) and add 2 cloves of garlic per potato. You will boil for about 40 minutes – or until you can stab the potato with a knife and the chunk slides right off the knife. Do NOT add salt to the water at this point.
3. Once the potatoes are finished, drain the water and mash them. You can mash them using a Foley Food Mill, a masher or beaters.
4. Bring the mashed potatoes back to the stove top and reheat on medium heat. Add in heavy whipping cream and butter. You want the potatoes to be weeping – have a creamy consistency. This is not an exact science so just taste as you add the butter and cream to get it exactly as you like it.
5. Finally, add your salt. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 791
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.4%
Saturated Fat 56.3 g281.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.6 mg98.9%
Sodium 1517.7 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet