1. Marinate bacon overnight in maple syrup.
2. Wash potatoes thoroughly then slice them and set in bowl of water.
3. Add oil to a frying pan to coat and then fry the bacon until it is brown and cooked through then slice into small approximately 1” pieces.
4. Add the contents of the gravy package some of the left over maple syrup and 1 1/3 cups of water to a sauce pan and cook over medium high heat while whisking continuously.
5. Fry the potatoes in vegetable oil until they are golden brown.
To assemble, place a generous portion of fries in a bowl. Next add the bacon, the cheese curds and the gravy. If there is any left over repeat the process. Enjoy the Poutine with a glass of Haterade (equal parts vodka and energy drink.)