|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (for dough)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon (for dough)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dough)|
|Hot water||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs) (1/2 cup for dough +4 1/2 cup for filling)|
|Instant potato flakes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (for filling)|
|Parmesan cheese||10 Tablespoon, grated (1/2 cup for filling+ 2 tablespoon for topping)|
|Egg||1 (1 egg for filling+1 for washing tops)|
|Feta cheese||3⁄4 Pound, crumbled (for filling)|
|Cream fruit||1⁄2 Pound, grated (for filling)|
1. Preheat oven at 350 degree.
2. For dough, in a cup, mix hot water and canola oil.
3. In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Pour water oil mixture in it, and stir to incorporate.
4. Using your hand knead gently to make sure that all the ingredients are well blended. Don not over work.
5. Form dough into ball, place it on the counter, flip the bowl over it, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
6. For filling in a large mixing bowl, combine potato flakes and water. Stir.
7. Add pepper and egg. Mix it well.
8. Now, throw in parmesan, cottage, and feta cheese. Stir and combine together.
9. With a scoop , divide filling into golf ball sized portion.
10. Now, with another smaller scoop, divide the dough into walnut sized portions.
11. Roll the dough on the counter top, and place filling on it.
12. With your thumb push the filling into the dough, and roll it over the top of filling.
13. Gently pinch, and bring the edges of the dough together.
14. Form the rope edging by rolling dough up with your thumb, and pinching. Place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
15. With a brush apply beaten egg on the borekas.
16. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
17. With a fork, poke borekas, and pop it in oven for 8 minutes. Then, rotate the tray, and bake for another 8 minutes or until golden brown.
18. Serve borekas warm or at room temperature.
You may also use mashed potatoes instead of potato flakes.
Instead of water in your filling, you can add 3 cups of water, 1 cup of warm milk, and ½ a cup of melted butter. This will add flavour to your dish.
You can fill dough with filling, place it in freezer to harden, and put it zip lock pack for later use.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5861 Calories from Fat 3143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 356 g548.3%
Saturated Fat 99.8 g498.8%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 645.7 mg215.2%
Sodium 9078.3 mg378.3%
Total Carbohydrates 467 g155.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.8%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 192 g383.4%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 372.5% Iron 171.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet