1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss the shallots in a little salt, pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Toss the shallots into the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
4. In a pan, add potatoes and cold water to cover the potatoes.
5. Put this pan to boil. This should take around 20 minutes.
6. In another pan, gently heat 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
7. Get the shallots out of the oven and cool.
8. Drain the potatoes and put them back into the hot pan. The heat from the pan will dry out the extra water.
9. Next, chop up the shallots into small pieces.
10. In a bowl, add the boiled potatoes with 3/4 cup of heated almond milk and 1 big tablespoon of fake butter.
11. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, the shallots freshly chopped thyme and parsley and a tablespoon of nutritional yeast.
12. Use a potato masher or blender and blend all the ingredients in the bowl.
13. Serve these mashed potatoes with shallots as a yummy side dish.
Pouring cold water over the potatoes and then bringing to boil ensures even cooking of all the potatoes.