1. Wash, peel, rewash the potatoes and cut into strips approx 6cm–7cm long by 1cm wide and 1cm deep.
2. Wash the cut potatoes once again and dry on a clean cloth.
3. Heat a heavy-based deep pan half-filled with oil to about 180°C.
4. Carefully place your potato chips into the oil and cook (blanch) until soft.
5. Remove the blanched potatoes from the oil, drain into a colander to remove any excess oil and keep aside in a dish until required.
6. When required, heat the pan of oil to around 200°C.
7. Return the blanched chips to the hot oil and fry once again until crisp and golden in color.
8. Remove the potato chips from the pan, drain in a metal colander and shake well to remove any excess oil.
9. Sprinkle your potato chips with a little sea salt and serve immediately.