Curried Peas and Cheese Potato Topping
|Frozen peas||16 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Rinse and drain the peas under warm water to remove any ice.
2. Add olive oil and butter into a frying pan and heat on medium-high.
3. Add the spices and cook for about 30 seconds to release the flavors.
4. Add peas and sauté for another minute then add the cream cheese.
5. Saute until the cream cheese is melted and well blended with the peas and spices. This should take no more than 5 minutes. The peas should be soft and mushy.
6. You are ready to serve and eat! Use this as a topping for baked potatoes or serve with corn chips as a dip.
To make a baked potato just wash and dry some potatoes and preheat your oven to 375°F
Cut a few slits into the top of the potatoes, this will allow steam to escape during baking.
Place the potatoes on a baking pan or cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
If you choose to bake the potatoes in a microwave then cut a thin wedge lengthwise out of the top of the potato. This is to release steam during baking and to keep the potato from exploding in the microwave.
The baking time and settings will vary according to your microwave. It should be around 8 or 9 minutes on high.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg15.6%
Sodium 528.2 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet