The Simple Chef shows how to make simple scalloped potatos with cheese. Background music is 'Maybe Someday' by Dolores Dagenais. Her new CD, Big Girl Art, is coming soon!
Please see video
1) Preheat the oven at 325 degrees.
2) Peel the potatoes and dice the onion.
3) Grease the casserole dish with olive oil or margarine.
4) Add two sliced potatoes and sprinkle little-bit of diced onion.
5) Add salt, pepper and Italian spice.
6) Add the chopped garlic and fresh chives. Add the slices of cheese.
7) Add a tablespoon of flour.
8) Repeat the same procedure to make three layers. After the third layer, sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top.
9) Add milk up to the top of the dish.
10) keep the casserole dish in an oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
11) Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes and then serve.
Scalloped potatoes are the wonderful potato dish. It is a great combination of cheese, onions, chives and milk. The potatoes absorb the liquid as they cook, the cheese melts, the top gets browned. Check this video for more recipe detail.