Betty's Beefy Whipped Potatoes
|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled and chopped into ¾-inch cubes and stored in water|
|Beef consomm/Beef broth||21 Ounce ((2) 10.5-ounce cans or more if needed)|
|Dry onion soup mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (1 1/2 tablespoons +3 tablespoons)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (if desired) (Optional)|
|Salt||To Taste (if needed)|
|Freshly ground black peppercorn||To Taste (Optional)|
1. In a medium pot, place chopped potatoes and pour beef consommé in it.
2. Add dry onion soup mix and butter. If the liquid does not come to the top of the potatoes, add more beef consommé (or milk).
3. Place the pot on medium high flame and bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain the liquid and save it to use later.
5. In a large mixing bowl, place the cooked potatoes, add 3 tablespoons butter, and milk. Mash well.
6. Pour about ½ cup of reserved beef liquid or more and mix well to get desired consistency.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
8. Serve immediately with beef broth gravy and enjoy!
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.6 mg4.2%
Sodium 545.4 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet