In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make beautiful and tasty Baked Potato Fans. These are whole baking potatoes that have been peeled and cut into slices (almost to the bottom), then drizzled with butter, sprinkled with salt, topped with a glorious blend of herbs and cheeses and baked in the oven. They make a great accompaniment to almost any meal!
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted
1 Tablespoon (I used parsley, chives, thyme, and sage. You may use any or all of these. If you are using dried herbs, use only 1 teaspoon altogether)
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoon, finely shredded
Grated parmesan cheese/Grated romano
1 Tablespoon (or Peccorino Romano cheese)
Cooking oil spray
1 Teaspoon (as needed)
1. Wash, peel and keep potatoes covered with water until ready to use.
2. Using paper towel dry the potatoes and cut them into thin slices without detaching them as shown in the video.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
4. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and line it with foil. Set aside.
5. Place potatoes in the baking dish and fan the potatoes slightly.
6. Drizzle butter over them and sprinkle salt and herbs on top. You can also put some between the slices.
7. Pop the dish in oven and bake for about 50 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheeses.
9. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and fork tender.
Baked Potatoes make a great accompaniment to almost any meal! Chef Betty adds some fresh herbs to it, giving an added flavor to the Potatoes. Baked Potato with Herbs can be served along with any steak or entrée.