Homemade Potato And Pork Rolls
1) Peel and cut potatoes into wedges.
2) Work with one slice of pork at a time. Place the slice of pork so that the length of it is running flat and vertically towards you. Place the potato wedge on the end of the pork close to you and start rolling. Repeat with the remaining pork slices and potato wedges.
3) Place the rolls seam side down in a deep pot (place the remaining potato wedges as well).
4) Add water until cover, then add soy sauce, sugar and bring to a boil. Remove the scum, cover with drop-lid, and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
5) Then add sake and green bean and simmer for another 5 minutes until potato is completely cooked through.
6) Serve hot and enjoy!
Drop-lid is called "Otoshi Buta" a in Japanese. It is traditionally made of wood but you can use aluminum foil. They ensure that the heat is evenly distributed and reduce the tendency of liquid to boil with large bubbles and break the fragile ingredients such as potato.