Another great appetizer! This one calls for the use of potato…and potatoes do make some of the best appetizers and sides! Jen demonstrates how to make a simple Italian sausage-stuffed baked potato…great idea for party time.
20 , petite
2 Tablespoon (as needed)
Salt and pepper
Monterey jack cheese
1 , sliced on a diagonal (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, place potato, drizzle olive oil and generously sprinkle salt and pepper .
3. Roll the potatoes around to season well and place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Place on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
5. Once potatoes are fork tender take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for easy handling. Then slice the potatoes in half, and with a melon baller spoon scoop out the center of the potato, leaving some around the edges.
6. Fill the potatoes with sausage and top with cheese.
7. Place back onto the baking sheet and pop in oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Place a green onion slice on each potato.