Mmm, loaded mashed potatoes. When you want a side that is delicious but not overly fancy, a dish that tastes like a home run but still lets the main dish shine, consider this recipe for loaded mashed potatoes. This recipe makes a great side for BBQ chicken, steak, pork chops, even fish. The best thing about mashed potatoes is often the gravy, but if you don't have gravy, make this - your taste buds will thank you
6 Medium, peeled, cut into pieces
Low fat buttermilk
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
3 Medium, thinly sliced
1. Add potatoes to boiling water and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Place bacon on plate and cover with a paper towel.
3. Cook by microwaving about 5 minutes.
4. Once bacon is cool enough to touch crumble into small pieces.
5. Place in bowl and serve alongside potatoes.
6. Drain water from potatoes and return potatoes to cooking pot.
7. Mash with potato masher.
8. Add buttermilk, cheese and pepper to potatoes and stir to combine.
9. Add more buttermilk, cheese or pepper as needed for taste and consistency.
10. Serve topped with cheese, bacon and green onion.
There are many choices of side dishes but nothing beats a mashed potatoes. This video shows you a quick and easy way to make one of the most popular side dishes ever with a twist- you can trust on it when it comes to casual dinning. Bon Appétit!