1. In a large pot, heat up the olive oil and butter over medium to high heat.
2. When butter begins to bubble, add the garlic and shallots. Cook for about 3-4 minutes making sure garlic does not burn.
3. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Season with some salt and pepper and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until soft.
When onions, celery, and carrots are soft, push them to the side of the pot, leaving a “hot spot” in the middle of the pot.
4. Add the ground chicken to the hot spot and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the meat has browned.
5. Once the chicken has browned add the sweet potatoes and new red potato, and mix everything together.
6. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Thoroughly stir all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
7. Switch to medium heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until everything is soft. Take an immersion blender (hand blender) and puree all the mixture until it is nice and smooth.
8. Ladle into individual bowls and top with some crispy pancetta bits.
9. Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers. and enjoy!
Since the leaves are beginning to fall and the cold wintry nights are beginning to creep in, a heart and nutritious soup such as this is a must have in our weekday dinner recipes repertoire. This two potato soup is hearty and nutritious; chock full of vegetables along with proteins and fiber. This is the perfect warm comforting soup to fall back on in the evening to warm your toes up and soul.