1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. Prepare a foiled lined baking sheet.
3. Wash and scrub the russet potatoes, grated the potatoes skin and keep it aside.
4. Cut the potatoes into equal size pieces.
5. Chop chives, set aside.
6. Place the bacon slices on the baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes or until crisp not burnt.
7. Boil salted water in a pot, place the potatoes in the water and cook until form tender.
8. Once the potatoes are done, drain and mash with a masher, set aside in a bowl.
9. Remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel, crumble it into small pieces.
10. Add bacon, sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese, onion powder, and one egg to the mashed potatoes and thoroughly mix.
11. In a large pan add canola oil, add a spoonful of the potato mixture in the grated potato skin bowl and roll it.
12. Once done place the rolled potato mixture in the frying pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
13. In another small pan, fry the egg sunny side up.
14. Place the fried potatoes in a serving plate, followed by the fried egg and chives and sliced avocado.
15. Serve the delicious breakfast along with cup of hot coffee.