Potatoes With Spinach
|Potatoes||2 Pound, scrubbed (4 whole, 1/2 pound each)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed and stems and midribs removed|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Take a cookie sheet and put the potatoes on it. Bake then for 1 1/2 hours, until they are tender.
3) Take a saucepan and add spinach in it. Add water just to cover leaves and sprinkle salt. Cover the pan and cook on medium heat until spinach is soft and tender.
4) Drain and chop spinach.
5) Take a bowl, add spinach and garlic, ground nutmeg and seasoning to taste.
6) Cut the cooked potatoes half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Keep shells aside.
7) Add the flesh into spinach and mix well. Fill this mixture in potato shells.
8) Arrange the potato shells on cookie sheet and sprinkle cheese over it.
9) Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts and is slightly browned.
10) Serve potato with spinach hot.