Grated Potato Tzimmes
|Prunes||1 Pound, unsweetened|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||8 , peeled|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potato flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Wash prunes. Soak it in water for 1 hour.
2. Slice potatoes.
3. In a saucepan, bring prunes to a boil.
4. In a 2-quart casserole, add potatoes and pour undrained prunes over it.
5. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt.
6. Cover and bake it in an oven at 350°F for 1 hour.
7. Take the remaining potatoes and grate it.
8. In a bowl, add potato flour, fat, pepper, remaining salt and grated potatoes.
9. Spread this mixture over the contents of baked casserole.
10. Cover and bake for additional 1 1/4 hours. Remove cover during the last 45 minutes of cooking.
11. Serve Grated Potato Tzimmes immediately.