Really, you can never go wrong with smashed potatoes.
Red potatoes with skin
12 , quartered (Cranberry red potatoes used)
2 Pinch (Boiled in salt water)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as required)
For seasoning the mashed potatoes
To Taste (Other(Full absorption))
Fresh black pepper
To Taste, ground
1 Tablespoon (as per taste)
For roasting the garlic head
Salt & pepper
1. Take a garlic head, cut about quarter of the bottom off to expose the cloves. Season it with some olive oil, salt, pepper and some herbs (if required) and wrap it up in a piece of foil tightly and roast it in an oven heated to 400 F for about 20 to 25 minutes until its soft.
2. In a pot boil some water and add in the quartered potatoes and some salt to the boiling water. Cover and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until they are fork tender.
3. Once the potatoes are done, drain them and put them back into the same hot pot.
4. Add the skimmed milk, small portions at a time, making sure not to add too much of it. Add the parmesan cheese and squeeze out the roasted garlic from its skin into the pot of potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients in the pot well till they are done.
5. Serve together with other dishes or can be used as an ingredient for various other dishes.
Mashed potatoes are an all season favorite. Here is a unique and flavorful roasted garlic parmesan smashed potatoes recipe that is a must try. Check out this video that presents this wonderful recipe that would serve as a great accompaniment to any meal of the day. Take a look...