Potato Cheese Scallop
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Grated sharp process cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Finely crushed cracker crumbs/Potato chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
2) In a skillet, melt butter. Add in the onions and saute till lightly browned.
3) Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and slice them. In a 2 quart baking dish, arrange the potatoes in a single layer.
4) Arrange alternate layers of 1/4 of onion slices, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/2 tablespoon flour, salt and pepper.
5) Pour the milk over the top of all the layers. Sprinkle cracker crumbs or crushed potato chip on top.
6) Bake covered for about 60 minutes. Take the cover off the dish when about 15 minutes of bake time is left.
7) Serve the Potato Cheese Scallop hot, garnished with more grated cheese on top, if desired.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.1 mg13.4%
Sodium 809.2 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet