Papa's Scalloped Potatoes
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Light cream/Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Smear the sides and bottom of a slow cooker with butter.
2) In the cooker, arrange a row of sliced potatoes, use salt and pepper to season and add half of the remaining butter.
3) Repeat the layers till the ingredients have been used up.
4) Add the cream.
5) Cover the cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
5) Transfer the hot, cooked potatoes to a serving plate and serve while still hot. These make a very good side dish, as well as a delectable appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 653
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.4%
Saturated Fat 46.5 g232.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230 mg76.7%
Sodium 3980.5 mg165.9%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.6%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 47.1% Vitamin C 263.9%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet