|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled and shaped into even sized ovals|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/4 cup)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 grams/ 1/4 cup)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Ounce (25 grams/ 1/4 cup)|
|Parsley sprig||1 (for garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Cut the potatoes vertically into thin slices but leave one end joined and keep them in a bowl of water with a slice of lemon until all are done.
3. In a pan fry the onions in butter until soft.
4. Drain the potatoes and arrange cut side upwards in an ovenproof dish.
5. Put the onions on top and season and cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes basting once in a while.
6. Take out the potatoes; mix the cheeses and, sprinkle on top and cook for another 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
7. Serve hot as a side dish or as a kid-€™s meal.
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg9.8%
Sodium 179.8 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet