Cheesy Grilled Potatoes
|Potatoes||4 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cheddar cheese/Monterey cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Jack cheese with jalapeno pepper||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
1) Cut a 36x18-inch rectangular piece of heavy foil.
2) Fold into half to make an 18-inch square.
3) Make a pouch by folding the sides of the foil.
4) Preheat the grill to medium heat.
5) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© the bacon until crisp.
6) Remove and drain the bacon over paper towels.
7) Crush the bacon and leave aside.
8) Put the potatoes and onions in the foil pouch.
9) Dredge the potatoes with salt and pepper.
10) Mark with margarine or butter.
11) Seal the pouch by folding the foil securely, leaving space for steam to expand.
12) Place the pouch over medium coals and grill for 35 to 40 minutes or till done, flip over several times.
14) Open the pouch carefully, as the steam will rush out.
15) Dredge the potatoes with crushed bacon and cheese.
16) Seal the pouch and allow to stand 3 to 4 minutes or till cheese is melted.
17) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 268.8 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 58.1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet