Chilli Con Carne with Potato Wedges
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lamb||250 Gram, minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||400 Gram, chopped|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato||1 Large, baked and left until cold|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Red kidney beans||400 Gram, rinsed and drained|
|Rindless smoked streaky bacon||2|
|Chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), chopped (Small Bunch)|
|Soured cream||150 Milliliter|
|Spring onion||1 , trimmed and cut diagonally|
|Cheddar cheese||25 Gram|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Cut the baked potato lengthways into 4 wedges. Cut each wedge in half again. Place the wedges on a baking tray.
2. Crush a garlic clove into a puree with a little salt and mix with half the olive oil and the thyme.
3. In a large saucepan, heat oil, add onion and fry briefly.
4. Add the mince and cook until the meat is browned, add garlic to the meat with the chilli and cumin. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add in tomatoes, tomato puree, kidney beans and water to make a sauce. Season with thyme, salt and pepper to taste and allow to simmer.
6. Brush the prepared garlic oil over the potato wedges and in a preheated grill, cook for about 6 minutes until golden and hot.
7. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Cut the bacon into strips, add to the pan and fry until golden. Add chives, soured cream and stir well. Remove from heat.
9. Grate the cheese on top of grilled potatoes. Sprinkle over the spring onions and bacon and return to the grill. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
10 . Into 2 serving bowls, ladle the chilli standing on a serving plate.
11. Season the potato wedges with plenty of pepper and arrange like petals around the chilli.
12. Spoon a large dollop of the soured cream into the chilli.
13. Into individual bowls, pour the sauce and arrange 3 chives over the top of each bowl.
14. Serve at once.