|Duchesse potato mixture||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Minced beef||4 Ounce, cooked (100 Gram)|
|Brown gravy/Tomato sauce||40 Milliliter (Thick, 2 Tablespoons, 20 Milliliter Each)|
|Egg||2 (To Coat)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Lightly beat the egg and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the minced beef and enough gravy to bind.
3) Divide the potato into small portions and place some of the meat mixture on each potato portion.
4) Using a little flour to help, seal the edges so that the meat is hidden inside the potato.
5) Flatten the bridies and coat with egg and breadcrumbs.
6) In a deep-fryer, fry the birdies in deep fat until golden brown.
7) Drain on absorbent paper.
8) Serve the potato birdies sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 124.8 mg41.6%
Sodium 671.8 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet