Tripe and Potato Hotpot
|Potatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Tripe||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Sliced onions||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash the tripe and place on paper towels.
2) Peel the potatoes.
3) Cut the tripe into small pieces.
4) Pat in seasoned flour and coat well.
5) Slice the peeled potatoes.
6) Use butter to grease a casserole.
7) Arrange the tripe, potatoes and onions in alternating layers, allowing the top most layer to be the potatoes. Season each layer to taste.
8) Add in the stock to half fill the dish.
9) Add some butter over the potatoes.
10) Cover and place in oven at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 1-1 1/2 hours.
11) To brown the top, allow baking without the lid during the last 10 minutes.
12) Sprinkle with pepper and serve.