Easy Skillet French Fries
|Crisco||1 Pound (2 1/3 Cups)|
|Baking potatoes||1 Pound (3 Medium Or 2 Large)|
1. Wash and pare the potatoes.
2. Let them stand in a large bowl of cold water
3. In a large skillet, preheat the Crisco to 360°
4. Rinse and drain the potatoes and then blot them dry with paper toweling
5. Add these to the hot oil. Do not reduce heat except when using a gas range. Then you will need to turn the heat to medium high
6. Stir the potatoes in the hot oil for 3-5 times and fry for 9-12 minutes till light brown and done
7. Drain on paper towels and add salt to taste.
8. Serve immediately.