Spring onions - 6
Butter - 2 oz [50 g]
Sugar - a good pinch
Water or stock - 1 cup
Fresh peas (or small packet frozen peas) - 8 oz [250 g]
Lettuce leaves - 2 outside, shredded
Corn flour - 1 teaspoon [1X5 ml spoon]
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Wash and scrape the potatoes.
2) Cut each potato in 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick slices. If too small, then leave as whole.
3) Wash the spring onions and trim the sides.
4) In a pan, add the butter to melt on medium heat.
5) Add onions and potatoes to fry for 5 minutes without coloring.
6) Add corn flour, sugar and seasoning.
7) Cook the potatoes for 1 minute.
8) Pour in water, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are nearly tender.
9) Fold in peas and shredded lettuce to cook for another 5 minutes. But, be careful not to overcook.
10) Adjust the seasoning of the preparation.
11) Immediately serve by garnishing with parsley, if desired.