Butter - 1 oz [25 g]
Egg - 1
Lemon - 1, rind
Thyme - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Preheat oven to at 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6.
2) Grease a baking sheet and place aside.
3) In a bowl, combine butter, egg, rind and thyme with the potatoes.
4) Thoroughly beat to prepare a smooth mixture.
5) Season the mixture with salt and pepper, according to taste.
6) Use a piping bag having a star nozzle. Fill the bag with potatoes.
7) On the baking sheet, pipe potato rosettes.
8) Place the baking sheet inside oven to bake until the rosettes are golden brown.
9) Serve warm with your choice of sauce, if desired.