Sausages Stuffed Potatoes
|Potatoes||2 Large, scrubbed and pricked with a skewer|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||3 , rinds removed and chopped|
|Chipolata sausages||4 , sliced|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs/Watercress||3 (To Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Place the potatoes in a baking dish.
3) Bake the potatoes in the oven for about 1 hour or until soft.
4) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5) Slice the potatoes in half and spoon out the flesh.
6) In a pan, sautÃ© the bacon briskly for 3 minutes.
7) Stir in the sausages for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned evenly.
8) Using a perforated ladle remove sausage mixture from the pan.
9) In a bowl, place the sausage mixture along with cheese, mustard, seasoning and cream.
10) Stir the mixture well to mix.
11) Stuff the sausage mixture evenly among the potato shells.
12) Place the potato shells on the baking dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until heated through.
13) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the cooled potato shells in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
14) Seal, label and freeze until needed.
15) Serve hot garnish with parsley or watercress.
16) If using the frozen potato shells, reheat, from frozen in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 11.