Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
|Potatoes||2 Large, scrubbed|
|Lean bacon rashers||2 Large, 2 large, rinds removed, chopped and fried|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Using a fork pierce the potato skins.
3) Bake in the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender.
4) Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and spoon out the flesh.
5) In a bowl, place the flesh with bacon, milk, parsley and seasoning.
6) Fold the mixture until properly mixed.
7) Stuff the potato shells with the bacon mixture.
8) Place the potato shells the baking dish.
9) Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap individually in a foil and pack in a freezer bag.
11) Seal, label and freeze until needed.
12) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley, goes well with grilled steak.
13) If using the frozen potato shells, take off the wrapping and place the potato shells on a baking dish.
14) Bake in a preheated oven for 1o minutes.
15) Serve as mentioned in step 11.