|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled|
|Mustard powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed for frying)|
1) In a pot, place the potatoes in cold water and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
2) Pour off the water.
3) In a bowl grate the potatoes and pour off starchy liquid if any.
4) Stir the flour, mustard, onions, seasoning and eggs in the grated potatoes and mix well.
5) In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and fry about spoonful of potato mixture until browned on both sides.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow the potato cakes to cool and freeze.
7) Remove and place in a plastic container, seal, label and freeze the container until needed.
8) Serve warm with any desired dish.
9) If using the frozen potato cakes, remove the wrapping and place on a baking dish.
10) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderate oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 137.8 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet