Turnip and Potato Puree
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Young turnips||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Potatoes||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Butter||2 Ounce (to finish)|
1) In a pan, melt butter and sautÃ© the turnips, potatoes and onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add in the milk, nutmeg and season to taste.
3) Heat the vegetable mixture to a boil.
4) Put the lid and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5) Take the pan away from the heat, using an electric blender blend to a fine puree.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled puree into a plastic container.
7) Seal, label and freeze the container.
8) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
9) If using the frozen puree, thaw at room temperature for approximately 4 hours,
10) In a saucepan, place the vegetable puree and reheat gently over stove with butter, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.