Skynyrd Savory Scalloped Potatoes
|Yellow mustard||1 Dash|
|Red skinned potatoes||6 Medium|
|Green onions||6 , with 2 inches green, sliced|
|Whole milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Red skinned potatoes||6 Medium, peeled, cut into very small pieces|
|Green onions||6 Medium, chopped finely|
|Dried mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Peel the potatoes, wash and slice them and keep aside.
2. Wash the green onions and cut off the roots. Chop them along with their stem (both the white and the green parts).
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
4. Add onions and saute for few minutes till tender and translucent.
5. To this add flour and heat for one minute while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
6. Add the whole milk and heat it till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
7.Add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of yellow mustard.
8. Remove the sauce from heat.
9. In a large bowl, mix the potato slices and the sauce. Combine well by stirring.
10. Take a baking tray of size 11 X 17 and oil it lightly.
11. Pour in the potato and sauce mixture and cover with a foil.
12. Turn on the oven to 3500C and bake it for 45 minutes or till the potatoes are tender.
13. In a large serving bowl, serve the potatoes with bread or plain.
The milk used, should be of room temperature or warm. Do not use cold milk.
Calories 655 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.9 mg12.3%
Sodium 192.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.8%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 119%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet