Scalloped Potatoes With Sweet Marjoram And Parmesan Cheese
|Baking potatoes||4 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, minced|
|Sweet marjoram||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Use Fresh)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Use a 6 cup gratin dish or shallow casserole to butter.
3) Place 1/5 of potato slices in a layer at the bottom of the gratin dish.
4) Season the potatoes with ¼ part of each of salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic, marjoram and Parmesan.
5) Repeat the layering process for 3 times.
6) Arrange the remaining potato slices nicely on top by overlapping.
7) Top with a final layer of potato slices, overlapping them attractively.
8) In a bowl, add cream and 1/2 cup of water to combine.
9) Pour this mixture evenly over the potatoes.
10) Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and place inside oven to bake for 1 1/2 hours.
11) Remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
12) Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
13) Serve the potatoes hot by garnishing with additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired.