Mashed Potatoes With Romano Cheese
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks (3 large size)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, place the potatoes.
2) Partially cover the pot to cook the potatoes for 15 to 18 minutes or until tender.
3) Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
4) Lower the heat to moderate to cook the potatoes for few more seconds to dry out.
5) Pour in milk and butter.
6) Bring the liquid to a boil.
7) Remove from heat and season with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
8) With a potato masher, mash the potatoes.
9) Stir in cheese until just incorporated.
10) In a large serving bowl, mound the potatoes. Dust with a pinch of paprika, if desired. Serve hot.
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg6%
Sodium 229.1 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet