Microwave Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
|All purpose potatoes||9 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth mix||1⁄2 (1/2 Packet)|
|Chicken broth seasoning mix||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded swiss cheese||2 Ounce|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, mix together the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and cook on high power for 5 minutes, Stir halfway through the cooking.
3) Let the casserole remain covered for 2 minutes.
4) Now, in small oven-safe mixing bowl, combine butter and margarine.
5) On high power, microwave uncovered for 30 seconds, or until melted properly.
6) Now, with the help of a wire whisk, add the flour.
7) Slowly add the milk, 1/4 cup of water, broth mix, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir well.
8) On high power, microwave uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking.
9) To this mixture, add 1 ounce of cheese. Mix gently.
10) On high power, microwave uncovered for 15 seconds, or until the cheese is melted.
11) Onto the potato slices, pour this cheese mixture evenly.
12) On top of this, add the remaining cheese and paprika evenly.
13) On medium-high power, microwave uncovered for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
14) Serve the Scalloped Potatoes along with freshly baked rolls.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg9.3%
Sodium 202.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet