Cold Scalloped Potatoes
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slice|
|Heavy cream||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) In a large heavy saucepan, add butter and melt over moderately low heat.
3) Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for 3 minutes, or until the shallot is softened.
5) Add the sliced potatoes and toss lightly.
6) Pour in the cream, milk, salt and black pepper over potatoes.
7) Heat up to bring a boil, by stirring occasionally.
8) Remove from heat.
9) In a buttered large, shallow baking dish, transfer the potato mixture.
10) Sprinkle the Gruyere and Parmesan cheese on top.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 15 minutes.
12) Lower the oven temperature to 350° and bake for 45 minutes longer, until bubbly and golden brown.
13) Allow cooling and cover. Place inside refrigerator.
14) Serve the potatoes chilled by garnishing with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.9%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.1 mg58.4%
Sodium 432.8 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C 74.7%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet