Cheese And Potato Hot Pot
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Onions||6 Ounce, finely chopped (175 Gram)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Thinly sliced potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Kilogram)|
1. Make a sauce by melting the butter or margarine; add the flour and Marmite. Stir to dissolve.
2. Gradually add the milk, beating to a smooth consistency each time, bring to the boil, add the pepper and onions and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir in 75 g/3 oz of the cheese.
4. Using a well-buttered 1.25-litre/2-pint ovenproof dish, layer the potatoes and sauce alternately, ending with a layer of sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Bake covered with foil in a moderately hot oven (190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5) for 1 1/2 hours.