Crunchy Potato Skins
|Baking potatoes||40 Ounce (4, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Snipped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh)|
1. Prick potatoes; bake 1 1/2 hours at 350 F. or until done. (Skins should be tender, not dry.)
2. Cut off tip ends of potatoes, then cut each potato crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut out potato to within 1/8 inch of skin; cut each skin in one place to make 16 long strips. (Reserve potato for later use.)
3. Brush both sides of skins with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper to taste; allowing a 1-inch space from skewer handle, carefully thread 2 strips on each skewer; attach skewer guards.
4. Insert skewers into Kabob-lt base; place glass cover over food; kabob 10-11 minutes or until crisp, brown.
5. Combine sour cream, chives; dip potato skins carefully into this mixture. Makes 16