Celery Root, Green Bean And Potato Puree
|Celery root||1⁄2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Baking potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Green beans||1 Pound, cut into thirds|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, cold|
1) In a large saucepan, combine the celery root and potatoes.
2) Pour in enough cold water to cover the vegetables.
3) Preheat the oven to 400°.
4) Place the saucepan over high heat to bring a boil.
5) Add the green beans and return to a boil.
6) Lower the heat to moderate and cook for another 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
7) Drain the vegetables.
8) Return the vegetables to the pan and cook over high heat for about 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture by shaking the pan constantly.
9) In a food processor or blender, transfer the vegetables. Add 5 tablespoons of the butter and the salt and process to a smooth puree by turning the machine quickly on and off. If required, do it in 2 batches.
10) In a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole, scrape the puree and smooth the top.
11) Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon butter evenly over the top.
12) Place inside oven to bake the vegetable puree, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
13) Serve the baked puree warm by dotting with extra butter on top, if desired.