Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
|Potatoes||4 Large, baked and sliced into lengthwise|
|Dry curd cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Large, finely shredded|
|Fresh minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) From the halved potatoes, scoop out the centers with a spoon. The shells should be 1/4 inch thick.
3) With a fork, mash the scooped out centers roughly.
4) To a medium sized bowl, transfer the mashed potato.
5) To this, add the cottage cheese, buttermilk, carrots, parsley, thyme and paprika. Mix thoroughly.
6) Into the potato shells, spoon this mixture.
7) On top, sprinkle grated cheese.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until heated well.
9) This tastes excellent with cooked ham. Serve warm.
If you are using warm potatoes, you can even broil the stuffed halves in stead of baking in the oven. Broil till the tops are lightly browned and the filling is warmed enough.
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg3.5%
Sodium 274.3 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 76.8% Vitamin C 117.8%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet