Scalloped Potatoes with Reblochon
|Reblochon cheese||1 1⁄4 Pound, crust removed and mashed to a paste|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced into 1/8 inch thick rounds|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (As Desired)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Into boiling water, place the potatoes for 3 minutes.
3) Drain them thoroughly.
4) Now, in cold running water, wash them once and drain again.
5) In a saucepan, heat the cream and milk over very low heat.
6) In this, melt the reblochon cheese.
7) To this, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
8) Inside a shallow casserole, rub the cut sides of the garlic over and then spread butter evenly.
9) In this casserole, place the potatoes.
10) Over the potatoes, pour the cheese mixture.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
12) Now, reduce the heat to 325° F and bake for 1 hour more, or until the top is browned well. Check if the potatoes are completely soft.
13) Serve the Scalloped Potatoes hot with toasted bread.
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.6 mg39.2%
Sodium 761.4 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 73.7% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet