1) Pare the potatoes and cut them in quarters.
2) Boil 1 -inch water with salt, covered, until tender for 20 minutes.
3) Drain them well and return to saucepan.
4) Using portable electric mixer or potato masher, beat the potatoes, until smooth.
5) Over low heat, cook mashed potatoes, stirring to dry out for about 5 minutes.
6) In saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter melts, but don't let milk boil.
7) Gradually beat in hot milk mixture until potatoes are smooth, light, and fluffy.
8) Serve the fluffy mashed potato on side with grilled meats or meat balls.