Butter Buds Scalloped Potatoes
|Potatoes||2 Pound (6 Medium Sized)|
|Butter buds||1 Ounce (2 Packets, 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with baking spray or with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, combine Butter Buds, onion, flour and pepper.
3. Peel potatoes and slice thickly, crosswise about 1/4-inch thick. Add to a bowl of salted water to prevent browning.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
5. In a saucepan, add the milk and heat it to scalding point.
6. In the mean time, drain the potatoes and pat dry.
7. In the greased casserole, layer them, sprinkling each layer with the Butter Buds mixture. Make about 4 layers.
8. When the milk is heated, pour it over the potatoes.
9. Cover the dish with kitchen foil and place in the preheated oven.
10. Bake for almost 1 hour until the potatoes in the last layer are tender, when checked with a knife. The sauces should be thick.
11. Turn off the oven and let the dish stand for 10 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven, uncover and sprinkle paprika.
13. Use oven mitts to take the dish to the table and serve hot.