1. To prepare the potatoes, peel them, quarter them and shape them to look like olives, if you desired keeping in mind they are as uniform in size as possible.
2. In a colander over a pan of boiling water place the potatoes, sprinkle with salt and cover with a lid to fit.
3. The lid will keep most of the steam in and steam until tender, about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
4. To keep them hot, remove the lid from the colander and cover the potatoes with a clean kitchen towel.
5. Place on a serving platter and serve with garnish as desired.